Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Arthur Bryant's BBQ Review








OOOOH Boy Arthur Braynt's World Famous BBQ on Brooklynn and 18th!!! KC is almost as famous for BBQ as Grassy Rib Daddy's so I had to see how they measured up to the East Coast Drunk-A-Q. I could smell the smoker from the parking lot and even though the neighborhood may not have been the best. The place was sure authentic. First thing I noticed when I walked in was the place was old, small, and confusing (maybe my fault). I sheepishly ordered the food through bulletproof(?)glass, and had no idea what was going on (once again that was probably my fault ) I just threw the woman my debit card and grabbed the food. Through the confusion we ended up getting the pulled pork, burnt ends (ends of the brisket famous in KC), and the ribs. All food is served open faced style on a piece of white wonder bread. The food was amazing the burnt ends were moist, smokey, and drenched in a sweet and spicy BBQ Sauce. So tender it was almost like it had been braised all day. The food overall was an 8. We drooled about it all night. Now how does it measure up? Grassy Rib Daddy's has definitely produced BBQ on that quality, if not better on occasion. I realized they have it down to a science and it's all about consistency, unlike Rib Daddy's (that may be the beer messing things up after 14 hours of smoking) But to do it right everyday like that I don't know if that would be possible. However, Bryant's is all about the sauce, and if Rib Daddy's was using that in quantity they could easily copy the pulled pork. One of the best parts was soaking up all the BBQ sauce on the piece of soggy white wonder bread they had laid the meat on. Tonight we are off to Oklahoma Joe's BBQ. Look for the all encompassing review tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment